Environmental Commitment Policy
Here at Gannet Beach Adventures we believe in protecting the beautiful environment of Cape Kidnappers and the Hawke’s Bay coastline. We want to ensure that it is here for future generations to visit and enjoy.
To this end, we’ve developed an environmental plan and welcome your support for this initiative. We believe by joining us on our eco-tour that you share our same passion of this very special and precious taonga (treasure) of New Zealand.
Our business has developed the following environmental policy which is based on a commitment to improving our environmental performance across all areas of our business practice, and in the experience we offer. Our sustainability will be an ongoing journey which will improve with time and experience. In order to achieve this we pledge the following:
- To think before we buy – informed buying decisions can help us reduce the amount of raw materials used in manufactured goods, cut waste volumes, support local businesses and encourage good employment practices. This can also help stop the destruction of valuable native forests and natural habitats around the world.
- To think before we use – efficient use of energy, water, office products, fuel and other resources we use to ensure our business reduces environmental impact.
- To think before we discard – recycling and minimising as much waste as possible will help reduce air and land pollution, and reduce the amount going into landfills.
- To respect wildlife and natural habitats – encouraging our customers to do the same, by keeping to the marked walking tracks and viewing areas.
- To educate and grow – happy, well informed staff are a crucial asset to our business success and the tourist experience. Our business will train them to make customers aware of what we’re doing and inform them how they can actively participate in helping our environmental sustainability.
- To commit to legal compliance – our business ensures compliance with relevant environmental legislation and regulations, and other requirements to which we subscribe.
Your support and actions help us to maintain and enhance
our beautiful environment.